Mix & Mingle Holiday Giveaway!
To kick off the season of giving we’re excited to announce our Mix & Mingle Holiday Giveaway!
Have a collection you’re proud of? Want to create your first one? Show off your collection on Twitter and earn some cash to make your holiday a bit merrier.
From now until January 4, 2019, anyone with a verified Mix account can enter to win one of three $100 USD Amazon gift cards each week.
That’s it! So start collecting all of your favorite gift guide round ups, entertaining hacks, recipes, or long reads for the break.
Each week three lucky winners will have the chance to win $100 USD in Amazon gift cards. We’ll announce three winners every Friday starting on December 14th, 2018 up until January 4th, 2019.
Mix Holiday Social Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. THE PROMOTION. The Mix Holiday Social Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a series of 4 overlapping individual sweepstakes, each lasting for 1 week, over the course of 28 days.
IMPORTANT FOR ENTRANTS USING A MOBILE DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION: Use of a mobile device to participate in the Promotion is not required. In the event a mobile device is used, message and data rates may apply. Not all mobile telephone providers carry the service necessary to obtain a link to the Website to participate in the Promotion. Entrants should consult their wireless provider’s pricing plans.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on December 10, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on January 4, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will make four (4) separate drawings, each one selecting three (3) winners, offered each week (each a “Unique Weekly Drawing”). For purposes of the Sweepstakes and Weekly Drawings, a week is defined as, and entries shall be received for that particular Drawing, between 12:01 a.m. PST Friday and 11:59 p.m. PST Thursday. All time referenced herein is Pacific Standard Time. Sponsor’s server clock is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Weekly Drawing Dates:
Drawing #1: December 14, 2018 at 12:00PM PST
Drawing #2: December 21, 2018 at 12:00PM PST
Drawing #3: December 28, 2018 at 12:00PM PST
Drawing #4: January 4, 2019 at 12:00PM PST
No incomplete Entries will be accepted. Entries must be in English. Entries that contain content that, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, is not suitable or appropriate or is deemed lewd, or Entries that can be considered spam, may be disqualified. Entry material that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyright infringement), without permission will also be disqualified.
Don’t spam your Twitter feed with repeated tweets. Online entries and entries through Twitter only. Entries will not roll over. Entrants must enter each time. Content shared on Mix that violates Mix’s Community Guidelines located at https://support.mix.com/community-rules/mix-community-guidelines are not eligible to win and may be flagged or removed. No negative comments, please.
All entries for any Unique Weekly Drawing must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PST daily during the Sweepstakes Period, according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when submitting their entries. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Unique Weekly Drawing.
6. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANT. Each week, all eligible Entrants are entered into a random drawing by a representative of Sponsor. The selection for the Unique Weekly Drawings will be held weekly according to the table set forth above in Section Three (“Drawing Dates”) to determine three (3) potential winners for each Unique Weekly Drawing prize during the Sweepstakes Period (“Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be notified through the email account associated with Entrant’s Mix account within seventy-two (72) hours of the end date of the Sweepstakes Period (“Notification”). The Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within forty-eight (48) hours of attempted Notification. Selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize(s), and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, up to four (4) times. The Selected Entrant may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) his or her name and location for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor may not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrant.
7. PRIZE: If eligible under these Rules, twelve (12) Selected Entrants will be awarded a prize with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $100.00 USD.
Each Unique Weekly Drawing represents a new sweepstakes and a winner from a prior Unique Weekly Drawing remains eligible to win in every Unique Weekly Drawing. Each week, three (3) potential winners of a Unique Weekly Drawing will be awarded one (1) prize each: $100.00 USD Amazon Gift Card. Total ARV of the Unique Weekly Drawing: $100.00 USD for each participant, $300.00 USD split between three (3) winners during each Unique Weekly Drawing.
8. PRIZE CONDITIONS. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize is permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrants cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize Notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited and may not be re-awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrants and Selected Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of Sponsor, from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
11. DISPUTES: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants consent to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of California for the resolution of any and all disputes. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s acceptance of the Prize(s) constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s full name and social media handles for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, including without limitation on Sponsor, and affiliates’ program(s), website(s) and social media page(s).
14. WINNER’S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a winner’s list after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, please visit URL. Alternatively, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Mix Tech, Inc., 660 4th Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107.
Requests must be received no later than ninety (90) days after the end of the Sweepstakes. Please specify the date on which the Sweepstakes began.